Suggested Courses and Activities
Sophomore "To Do" list:
- Students should continue to develop the
reputation for “working toward their potential.” Nothing breeds success
- Try to earn A and B grades in all
your classes. Focus on your class work and your homework to develop the study
skills you will need to succeed in college.
- Update your Educational Plan on your Naviance account with the courses you completed in the 9th grade and those
you plan to take in the 10th grade.
- The significance of
extracurricular/volunteer activities take on even more importance in the eyes
of college admissions officers as students progress through high school. Take part in enrichment programs, special summer workshops
or camps at college campuses in music, science, engineering, writing,
film making, theater, language, and many other subjects.
- Students should learn to interact
respectfully and personally with their teachers and counselor as they will need
to know and remember them fondly when it comes time to request letters of recommendations
and provide feedback to the college admissions process later in the senior
- Visit your counseling office in fall to sign up for the October PSAT
(Preliminary SAT). It is a junior test, but can be considered to be taken during the sophomore year. This test will help you gauge your strengths and
weaknesses. The test is
administered at Morro Bay High School one time a year during the month of October.
It is still not too late to qualify for college admissions?
Click the link below to start planning future classes to allow for eligibility. This will give the student information on the classes offered at MBHS that meet college admission eligibility. A student must receive a "C" or higher grade in all A-G courses in order to be eligibile to meet the minimum college admission requirement.
UC/CSU Approved Courses
Continue to plan your path to college by logging onto Naviance by using your Power School user name and password.
Click here: Naviance
- Career Tab: Career Exploration and Interest tests
- About Me Tab: Add to your resume
- College Tab: College Searches and College Resources
- Courses Tab: Update your Educational Plan