Google Labs are features that you can add to Gmail and Google Calendar to customize and enhance your inbox and calendar. We think you'll find these very useful (some are real time savers!).
You can enable or disable a lab whenever you like. Here's how:
1. In Gmail or Google Calendar, click Settings > Labs.
2. For each lab you want to use, click Enable. If you want to stop using a lab, click Disable.
3. Click Save Changes at the bottom on the page.
Tip: After you enable a lab, you can quickly access the Labs page again by clicking the green flask icon
( ) in the upper-right corner of your Gmail or Calendar window.
Here are a couple of popular gmail labs to try out:
- Right side chat - moves your chat window to the right side of the screen
- Google calendar gadget - adds a mini calendar to your email window
- Hide read labels - Only displays your folders that have "unread" messages, and hides the rest in a drop-down list.
and a few more that I like...
- Title tweaks
- Signature tweaks
- Pictures in chat
- Canned responses (I used this to send your passwords!)
- Extra Emoji
- Google Maps Preview in mail
- Google Voice player in mail