Induction (formerly Beginning Teacher Support & Assessment)
Simi Valley Unified is one of twenty-two districts that partner with the Ventura County Office of Education and Teacher Support Services to provide beginning teachers the opportunity to clear their preliminary credentials. The General Education (Multiple/Single Subjects) Induction Clear Credential is a two-year program of support and assessment for newly credentialed teachers. The California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) requires the following criteria for the accredited program:
- An induction portfolio documenting completion of the credentialing process and professional growth.
- Support and mentoring from a trained support provider.
- Current professional learning opportunities.
- Release time for professional development activities or peer observation
News You Can Use
- Check out the new enrollment process for beginning candidates.
- New Teacher Orientation: Wednesday, August 13 at 11:15 in the Floyd Binns Room
- First Day of School: Tuesday, August 19
- Don't forget to obtain your IIIP form from the HR Department.
- SVUSD is seeking General Ed and Special Ed Support Providers for the upcoming school year.