I am so proud of this campus and all that we have accomplished! We have a great staff and amazing parents that help us to educate some wonderful Kids!
I am excited to tell you just a little bit about myself and our school!
The nitty gritty...
The students I serve as Principal are third, fourth, and fifth graders! I have 10 years in education that involved teaching in a variety of classroom and fine arts settings. We have a 60 person staff of education professionals and paraprofessionals that are committed to meeting the needs of each and every student. Our campus serves approximately 469 students and we are considered a "title 1" campus. In 2015 we had 41% of our students receiving free and reduced lunches. Spring Hill Intermediate is located in North Longview and Spring HIll is an independent school district of it's own.
Our Campus behavior management plan is CHAMPS (see the link below). We encourage strong, positive relationships that are built on a foundation of respect! Our counselor meets with students each month with lessons to help build those skills!
What we do...
Each year we focus on meeting the needs of students in 2 main areas: Academics and Social. As a school community we plan fun activities that help students become engaged in a variety of ways. Click on the link below to"HB5" House Bill 5 to see a complete list! Our accomplishments are below:
1. 1st Place in UIL Academics (2015-2016)
2. 5th Grade STAAR Math and Reading at 90% or higher! (2016 scores)
3. Top Earning School out of 100+ school for Jump Rope for Heart!
4. more to come...
Thoughts on behavior...
I believe that everyone can choose their behavior, and I see my responsibility as being the firm, fair, and consistent reminder students need to behave and succeed. For ideas about helping students gain self-control when dealing with behavior, check out these websites:
Our campus management plan is called CHAMPs:
Additional resources for parenting and behavior:
and check out the handouts at the bottom of this page!
Thoughts on school...
I believe that the partnership between parents and our school is vital to the success of our students. As always, we are working to find new ways to keep the lines of communication open with our parents and guardians. The following are ways to keep up to date with the events on our campus!
1. Check the Spring Hill district home page
2. Check our Intermediate home page...scroll to the calendar at the bottom of the campus home page!
3. Check your student's backpack or folder. Notes and newsletters are a great source of information.
4. Phone messages. We have a wonderful service that calls and e-mails you with recorded messages from us!
5. Fine us on Facebook at Spring Hill Intermediate
6. Sign up for Remind 101...get the app and search @shpanthers
Finally, you can always call our office at 903-323-7701 and speak to one of our knowledgeable secretaries.
Thank you for taking a moment to visit our school's web site! I look forward to working with you and your student this year. I can't wait to start another wonderful year at Spring Hill Intermediate
With a Smile,
Amy Doron, M. Ed.