Thank you to everybody who participated in Wilson High School's 1st ever Mini-THON!!! The event was a huge success, and $23, 528.73 (surpassing the original goal of $10,000) was raised for children who have pediatric cancer! There were over 150 students who participated in games and in other activities throughout the night. They stayed on their feet for 12 hours straight to support this cause. Also, during community hours, there was a great turnout with more students and community members coming to the high school to show their support! Thank you everyone who participated and donated to this amazing cause!
Students doing the hourly line dance at Mini THON!
The final reveal of how much money was raised!
March 8- March 9 from 7pm-7am!
What is Mini-THON?
- Mini-THON is an extension of Penn State's THON which is a dance marathon that raises money for pediatric cancer. The money is used to help with research and to help families who have children with cancer. All proceeds from the event go the Four Diamonds Fund (the beneficiary of THON) at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.
- Wilson's Mini-THON is on March 8 through March 9 from 7pm to 7am. It is an all-night dance marathon (no sitting down!) that is FTK (For the Kids). There will be lots of games, activities, food, music, dancing, and much more! For example, there will be zumba, dodgeball, and casino night. If you don't want to be a dancer but you still want to participate, there are community hours (see further down the page for more information) from 7pm- 10pm.
How can you get involved?
- You can become a dancer by registering online with Four Diamonds Donor Drive by March 3,2014.
- Registering on Donor Drive
- In order to register, you must got to fourdiamonds.donordrive.com and then click on "register for an event". Search for Wilson's Mini-THON and make sure to register for our high school. By registering you will create your own Donor Drive Account. You will see our total fundraising goal ($10,000.00) and you will be officially signed up as a participant. From there you can edit your profile customizing it to include information regarding your personal ideas or overall hopes you have for the event. Then you can set your own fundraising goal (the minimum is $35.00 but we HIGHLY encourage you to set your goal higher!). Once your account is set up you have the ability to reach out to anyone and everyone who you think will support you by sending out emails, using Google+ or LinkedIN, and posting on Facebook or Twitter. When you share your account, anyone who goes to donate on your page can be assured that they are safely donating directly to The Four Diamonds Fund, and that they will receive a receipt for their 100% tax-deductible donation. All donations that are made on your page are credited to you and will help you reach your goal. In order to attend the event, you MUST raise at least $35.00.
- Also, you MUST complete the medical release form, permission slip, and T-shirt order that needs to be signed by both the student and the parent/guardian. You can get these forms in Miss. McDonough's room (E217). THESE FORMS ARE DUE BY FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21 TO MISS.MCDONOUGH'S ROOM! Along with these forms, a $15.00 registration fee should be handed in as well. This fee includes the T-shirt! Cash is acceptable and all checks must be payable to Wilson High School Student Government.
- 7pm-10pm on March 8
- There will be activities for all ages so encourage your family members (especially younger siblings) and friends to come during that time.
- Admission will cost $3.00 for adults, $2.00 for students, $ and $1.00 for children under 5 years old. (Admission costs do not apply to Mini-THON dancers.
Any more questions?
- email: email@example.com or Miss. McDonough firstname.lastname@example.org for more information