Using Google Docs on an iPad
This is not a static list! There are more than 90,000 apps available in the app store, and more each day. It is important for you to search for apps regularly. What we recommend today might not include new awesome apps that haven’t even been developed yet,
Check out these links relating to top apps in education:
- App Annie: http://www.appannie.com/top/ipad/united-states/education/
- * A list of lists! MacDonald Tech for Teachers: http://macdonaldtechforteachers.wikispaces.com/iPad+Apps+for+Education
- Apple iPad: http://www.apple.com/ipad/from-the-app-store/education.html
- Teach Hub: http://www.teachhub.com/news/article/cat/14/item/439
Apps everyone should have:
- News such as CNN or AP-- don’t just pick one, pick several!
- Clock with stopwatch and timer
- Image editing
- Video editing--several free versions to try!
- Writing editor
- Presentation creator
- Video apps such as Science 360, Discovery News, NPR
- NASA--so comprehensive; video clips, images, blogs, research, everything you need!
- TED--for professional development personal enjoyment or to inspire your students!
- Apps search--don’t just rely on the App Store!
- Books app- iBooks is standard but if you already have a reading device--such as Kindle or Nook download those apps also