act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness, justice and
respect for the dignity of the individual, groups and communities. They take
responsibility for their own actions and the consequences that accompany them. -IB Learner Profile
The International Baccalaureate Programme requires all work presented is the students’ original work. Malpractice is recognized worldwide as a serious academic offense and is unacceptable at Cocoa Beach Jr/Sr High School. Ignorance of malpractice is not a valid excuse for lapses and does not prevent penalty. Any student suspect of malpractice will be investigated by the teacher, IB coordinator, and/or administration.
Malpractice includes (but is not limited to)…
· Plagiarism: representing ideas or work of another person as ones own.
· Collusion: allowing ones work to be copied or submitted by another and/or releasing information about an assessment to another person.
· Duplication: presenting the same work in different assessments.
· Falsification: purchasing and/or submitting pieces of written work by someone else, misrepresenting actions, parent signature, or CAS hours.
* Cell Phone and Electronic Device: any cell phone and/or electronic device in a students possession during a test, quiz, exam, or other testing environment as designated by the teacher is considered malpractice.
Consequences…(cumulative in all classes)
· First and Second Offense will result in a failing grade for the work, student conference with the IB Coordinator, and parent contact.
· Third Offense will result in dismissal from IB and return of the student to his or her school of residence and possibly jeopardize graduation.
Internal Assessments and Exams for Diploma Students (Juniors and Seniors)
· DP assessment work must include a signed cover sheet from the candidate authenticating the work. If the authenticity is questioned, no grade will be rewarded by IB.
· Any infraction of this policy will result in an “N” (no grade) for the course and no IB Diploma will be awarded.