1. Opening Class (10 minutes)
Why are you interested in PowerPoint?
b. Goals of the class
Be able to navigate your way around PowerPoint
This is just an basic introduction
2. What is PowerPoint? (5 min)Play, have fun, approach the computer like a child
a. PowerPoint is a powerful, multimedia program
Incorporates pictures, text, shapes, sounds, and animations
b. Good for business presentations, greeting cards, fliers, etc.
c. Often used in teaching and marketing3. Parts of the Screen (15 min)
b. Menu Bar
Autoshapes and drawing toolbar
d. Scrollbar and ruler
e. Different Views
4. Inserting Text (10 min)Presentation mode
a. Fonts, colors, styles, alignment
b. Text box format5. Inserting Pictures (15 min)
a. Using clipart v. inserting a picture from a file
b. Shapes, lines, and autoshapes
c. Wordart6. Screen Layout (15 min)
a. Slide layout
b. Background colors and color schemes
c. Applying a design template7. Practice Exercise #1 (20 min)
a. Business slide
8. Practice Exercise #2 (20 min)Applying design template, entering text, inserting clipart, applying slide layout
Inserting clipart from the Internet, using text boxes, WordArt,
Basic graphic design concepts
9. ConclusionReading from left to right, keep it simple, etc.
a. You have a basic understanding of Powerpoint, but there is a lot more to learn.Exercises 1 and 2 are attached below. We recommend either opening the exercises on a projector or providing students a printout and then having them create them from scratch.