Clifton Wong Municipal Transportation Agency (Absent)
Cyndy Scully* Department of Public Health (Present)
Houshang Esmaili SF International Airport (Present)
Janet Ng* SF Public Utilities Commission (Present)
John Updike Real Estate Division (Present)
Mark Palmer* SF Environment (Present)
May Chan* DPW/Infrastructure Design & Construction (Present)
Mohsin Shaikh* Department of Building Inspection (Present)
Raphael Sperry* Public Member (Present)
Rick Thall* SF Recreation and Park (Present)
Roberto Lombardi* SF Public Libraries (Absent)
Tara Lamont DPW/Building Design & Construction (Absent)
Wendy Proctor SF Port (Absent)
A quorum of appointed task force members was present at the meeting.
In addition, there were attendees representing DPW BD+C, SF Environment, Capital Planning, SFPUC Water Conservation, Business Council on Climate Change, and members of the public.
1. Minutes: Task Force Meeting Minutes of November 19, 2011 were approved as written.
2. Announcements: The World Green Building Council awarded the City of San Francisco top honors internationally in green building policy from among 66 cities nominated. San Francisco’s submittal highlighted San Francisco Environment Code Chapter 7 and Chapter 20, San Francisco Building Code Chapter 13C, and the Stormwater Management Ordinance. Much credit is due to many dedicated city staff and Departments including Department of Building Inspection, and San Francisco Public Utilities Commission for their collaboration and implementation of San Francisco’s green building policies.
3. Greenbuild 2012: Deadline for educational session abstracts is January 13 at 4:59 p.m. EST. Call for Proposals for tours will be issued in February.
4. Presentation: Mark Palmer presented an overview of San Francisco’s newly adopted Standards for Bird-Safe Buildings.
5. Old Business: Municipal Green Building Task Force Bylaws are being revised to add new representation and clarify responsibilities of the task force.
6. New Business: None.
7. Public Comment: None.