City and County of San Francisco
Commission on the Environment
Tuesday, January 25, 2005 at 5:00 p.m.
City Hall Room 416
Commission Members: Nia Crowder, President, Paul Pelosi, Jr., Vice President, Christina Desser, Angelo King, Alan Mok, Arlene Rodriquez, and Johanna Wald.
Commission Secretary: Monica Fish
ORDER OF BUSINESS
Public comment will be taken before the Commission takes action on any item.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
2. ACTION: Adoption of Minutes of November 23rd, 2004 Meeting. (Explanatory Document: Minutes of November 23rd, 2004 Meeting)**
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS: Members of the public may address the Commission on matters that are within the Commission’s jurisdiction and are not on today’s agenda.
4. INFORMATION: The Department of the Environment’s draft budget for fiscal 2005-2006. Deputy Director David Assmann will present the draft budget for fiscal 2005-2006.
5. ACTION: Consideration and approval of Resolution No. 001-05-COE “Duke Energy” (Explanatory Document: Duke Energy Resolution 001-05-COE)**
Resolution approving the expenditure of $100,000 of the duke energy settlement for planting and maintaining a minimum of 100 new trees in the bay view- hunters point neighborhood as part of a March 12, 2005 Community Arbor Day event.
Staff: Alexis Harte, Department of the Environment, Carla Short, DPW Urban Forestry
6. ACTION: Consideration and approval of Resolution No. 007-04-COE “Bag Fee” (Explanatory Document: Resolution No. 007-04-COE Bag Fee)**
URGING THE MAYOR AND THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO TO ADOPT AN ORDINANCE REQUIRING A FEE ON PLASTIC AND PAPER BAGS.
Staff: Robert Haley
7. ACTION: Consideration and approval of Resolution No. 002-05-COE (Explanatory Documents: Resolution No. 002-05-Coe Revised Reduced-Risk Pesticide List For 2005, Approved Pesticide List for 2005, Pesticides Added, Pesticides Removed and Pesticide Changes)**
RESOLUTION ADOPTING REVISED REDUCED-RISK PESTICIDE LIST FOR SAN FRANCISCO FOR 2005
Staff: Chris Geiger
8. INFORMATION: Update on World Environment Day. Director Jared Blumenfeld will give an update on preparations for World Environment Day.
9. INFORMATION: Commission Secretary’s Report
Monica Fish, Commission Secretary
▪ Communications & Correspondence
▪ Update on Pending City Legislation
10. INFORMATION: Director’s Report
▪ Jared Blumenfeld, Director, Department of the Environment will give updates on SFE administrative and programmatic operations relating to Budget Planning, Strategic Planning, Climate Division, Outreach and Education Division, Environmental Justice Division, Zero Waste, Toxics Reduction Program, and the Urban Forestry Division.
13. PUBLIC COMMENTS: Members of the public may address the Commission on matters that are within the Commission’s jurisdiction and are not on today’s agenda.
TEL: (415) 355-3709
FAX: (415) 554-6393