Program reviews provide a faculty-centered forum to review instructional
The review emphasizes dialogue and interaction among program faculty and Program Review Committee members and uses existing documents as background information. Workforce and academic programs will be reviewed on a 4-year cycle.
The purpose of this process is to review a program's curriculum as a whole,
including how identified outcomes meet student learning needs.
The review also provides opportunities to identify areas of the curricula that need updating or revision and to discuss how assessment is being used to improve the program.
The PRC establishes an annual schedule of deadlines for written and oral program reviews. The chair works with the administrator to ensure that program reviews do not conflict with major obligations or workload issues (such as a move or change in faculty) within a given program.
What the process entails...
1. Materials submitted to the Review Chair. (See link below for timeline and committee members.)
2. Oral Review with program faculty, program administrator and committee members. This is typically about 2 hours long and minutes are recorded.
3. Within two weeks after the oral review, the review chair will submit a preliminary report (containing feedback, questions, concerns and recommendations from the committee) to the Vice President for Instruction who may respond with any additional questions/concerns and to the program for any clarifications.
4. When there are questions or concerns, the program has 2 weeks (not including summer) to respond.
5. The review chair has another week to prepare the final report, which is sent to the program administrator, full time faculty and the Vice President for Instruction and housed on the CCC website.6. Within two years of the program review the PRC chair will follow up with the program concerning the progress of any proposed recommendations. An addendum to the final report noting this progress will be added by the PRC chair.
Want to see a timeline of the program reviews scheduled for this year?
Go to the program review timeline page.
(double sided preferred, will be returned post-review) and one electronic copy (link to a google site will will be provided for file transfer) of the following:
Review Chair=Chair of that particular program review (changes per review)