Within the Carmel Valley Middle School Physical Education Department, our goal is to provide high-quality, standards-based physical education instruction to prepare every student for a lifetime of physical activity, health, and well-being. To achieve this goal, our students will have the opportunity to:
1) Develop competency in movement & motor skills.
2) Develop competency in combining movement & motor skills.
3) Understand how movement & motor skills should be performed based on biomechanical principles.
4) Understand how to improve their movement & motor skills.
5) Understand game tactics & demonstrate their use in game settings.
6) Understand developmentally appropriate movement & motor skills.
7) Develop a healthy level of flexibility, muscular strength and endurance, body composition, and cardiorespiratory endurance.
8) Participate regularly in physical activity.
9) Understand the benefits of regular physical activity.
10) Understand how to create a personal fitness plan.
11) Demonstrate appropriate social skills in a physical activity setting.
12) Demonstrate appropriate skills in personal responsibility in a physical activity setting.
Carmel Valley Middle School 3800 Mykonos Lane San Diego, CA. 92130 (858) 481-8221