Health and Physical Education
The objective of Physical Education and Health is to guide and educate students to become lifelong learners of health and wellness by participating in activities that develop behaviors which encourage healthy decision-making, appropriate social skills, and lifelong physical fitness in and outside of the educational setting.
The Springdale Physical and Health Education Department's goal is to graduate students who:
HAVE learned skills necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle that includes proper nutrition and physical activity
KNOWS the implications of and the benefits from involvement in physical activities
DO include healthy habits including physical activity in daily life
ARE fit, healthy and ready to learn
VALUE physical activity and health as they relate to a healthy lifestyle
We Believe Kids Have the Right to:
- Lead active lives and enjoy better health.
- Have greater opportunities for social interaction though sport and play.
- Enjoy positive physical activities experiences that are challenging and fun.
- Experience a wide variety of activities to pursue for personal enjoyment.
- Feel safe, both physically and emotionally, in physical activity environment
For more information contact:
Dr. Robert Ferguson
Physical Education Coordinator
800 E. Emma Ave
Springdale, AR 72764