Call for Presenters 2017 has CLOSED -
Contact us if you have questions about sessions.
Before submitting your session(s), review the details below to help as you develop your proposal.
Embrace the Theme
This year’s theme of “Infusing Learning with Technology” encourages you to think about how technology can be infused to take learners to new levels. We want you to think outside of the box as you develop your presentation proposal. Keep that theme in mind when you are creating your session title, continue thinking about the theme through the description as well as the activities you plan for your session.
Identify Your Presentation Strand
High Quality Lesson Design
Focus: Varied instructional and assessment strategies to create lessons which meet the needs of learners and encourage self-directedness.
Community of Learners
Focus: Building a community where learners share, take risks, respect and push each other as they find their own best way to learn and engage in deep content together.
Focus: Through the use of real-world projects, students become problem-solvers, collaborators, critical thinkers, inventors, and creators.
Powered by Technology*
Focus: Technology adds excitement and motivation for students and teachers as they use digital tools to enhance and expand learning beyond the classroom walls.
*all sessions will most likely include technology but think about what the main focus of your session will be.
Consider Your Session Type
- Demonstration (Show & Tell): “How-to”, step-by-step, tool features & capabilities
- Guided Discovery (Interactive Participation): Experiential Learning, role play, lesson experience
- Playground (Hands-on): Learn about a tool and have time to explore tool
- Panel Discussion (Listen & Learn): Experts share and time is provided for Q&A
- Roundtable Discussion (Whole group conversation): Facilitator brings topic, participants create conversation, back-channeling is encouraged!
- Poster Presentation (Interactive Display): Share “poster” with information and answer questions posed by passing participants. (vendors)
Think About the Participant Skill Level
Identify if your session is for the beginner, novice, or expert user. Make sure that you select the level in the presentation proposal form, but also give the participant that information in your presentation description to help them select sessions that are best for their experience level.
The Fine Print
Presenter submitting proposals will be notified in March 2017 if their session(s) has been accepted. If your session is accepted you will have your registration fees waived for each day you present.
I2 will supply wireless access, data projectors, and VGA cables on site for presentations. Presenters will need to provide their own computer and peripheral devices including special cables & adapters.
Presenters will have access to the “Presenters Green Room” throughout the Innovation Institute.
Presenters are responsible for their own travel, food, and lodging.