2016-17 Scheduling Information:
Team lists will be posted on the main HTMS website and on the front window of the school by Tuesday, August 2, 2016. School begins on August 15, 2016, and all students will receive their schedule in Homebase on the first day of school.
All seventh graders have a 3 period "block" of English and Math. English/Math blocks are either periods 3, 4, and 5 or 7, 8, and 9. Seventh graders also have one period of Science and Arkansas History/World Geography. One semester of PE is required for all students. Electives include one semester of Art and Introduction to Business Communication and Technology, one semester of Advanced Art, and a year of EAST, Band, Yearbook, and Choir. Please read HTMS 7th Grade Scheduling Information 2016.
All 6th graders have 2 periods of Language Arts and Math, 1 period of Social Studies, Science, PE, and the 6th Grade Wheel (twelve weeks of Art, Music, and Tools for Learning/Coding). Check out the HTMS 6th grade brochure 2016.
Counselors' Time in the Classroom 6th and 7th grade...
Check out www.nsteens.org/ and www.netsmartz.org/
for great information on how to keep yourself safe online. Ms. Henderson and Ms. Barron remind all students to never give out or post your phone number or address to anyone online.
In October and November, Ms. Henderson and Ms. Barron will be presenting on bullying. Please read the Springdale School District's District Bullying Policy.
TIPS for if you are bullied:
- Tell yourself it's not your fault. No one deserves to be bullied.
- Stay in control. Don't retaliate by fighting or bullying back.
- Tell the person or people who are bullying to stop.
- Avoid places or situations where bullying happens. If you can't, be with a friend or where there is an adult nearby.
- Talk to a trusted adult: your parents, a teacher, a principal, a counselor, any adult at school.
TIPS for if you see bullying occurring:
- Don't take part in the bullying. Don't laugh. Don't watch. Don't encourage. Don't spread rumors.
- Offer support to the person being bullied. Talk to them, offer help, and keep the person company.
- Take action against bullying. Distract the person/people who is/are bullying. Walk away with the person being bullied. Tell the person/people who is/are bullying to stop. Talk to a trusted adult about it.
Arkansas Reality Check: Figure out the annual salary amount you will need to live! This is a great website that links annual salary with careers that match in that salary range. A real eye-opener!
www.tasseltime.com (username, password TBA): Great website to plan for college and plan and search for scholarships. Lots of great links to schools all over the nation. Lots of information for parents.
www.careerzone.ny.gov: Great website for all sorts of information about careers, especially in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics fields.
www.careerinfonet.org: Nice search engine for careers.
www.discover.arkansas.gov: Arkansas-specific career information and statistics. Online copy of Career Watch magazine.
| || |
| 6th Grade Counselor|
|7th Grade Counselor|