1. Be on time and in your assigned seat when the bell rings.
2. Come prepared to class with all necessary materials. You will not be allowed to return to your locker.
3. Follow directions the first time they are given.
4. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
5. Raise your hand and wait to be call on.
6. Do not get out of your seat without permission.
7. Proper classroom etiquette is expected. Please be respectful of others.
8. No gum, candy, food, or drinks are allowed.
- Please bring the following supplies to class everyday:
- Spanish textbook
- Spanish workbook (Grades 7, 8)
- Spiral notebook
- Black pen, blue pen, or pencil
- Loose-leaf paper
- Assignment book
Homework plays an important role in Spanish class as it provides students with an opportunity to practice the skills they have learned in class. Homework is expected to be neatly done and completed on time. If the homework is not completed on time, a grade of 64% will be given. Late work will only be accepted one day late and will be averaged with the 64%. A grade of 0 will be given for any assignment more than one day late. Final grades are based on an accumulation of points given for quizzes, tests, homework, in class assignments, listening activities, group work, and projects.
Arrival to class
Go directly to your seat and get prepared for class
- Begin to organize your area by taking out your Spanish homework and materials; put all other items under your desk
- Be silent when the bell rings
- Begin the warm-up exercise or review your notes from the previous day
- Do not get out of your seat during teacher instruction
- Raise your hand if you have a question or need help
- Permission may be given during independent work, to use the pencil sharpener, get a dictionary, a book, or Kleenex. Do not disturb others as you retrieve these things.
- Put your first and last name on all work
- Read directions before you begin
- Be neat and always do your best
- Answer all questions in complete sentences
- Double check your work
- Pass homework forward without talking
- Transition from textbook, workbook, listening activity, etc. without talking or disturbing others
- The teacher will pass back papers during the period. Remain silent during this process. Raise your hand if you have a question.
- Please use the bathrooms and drinking fountains during your passing periods
- If you are unable to wait until the end of the period to use the bathroom, please ask permission without interrupting the lesson
- Use the sign out sheet on the clipboard near the door
End of the Period (Closure)
- Listen carefully as the daily lesson is reviewed and summarized
- Listen carefully as the homework assignment is explained
- Use your assignment book to record assignments
- Raise your hand if you have any questions
- Quietly gather your materials
- Make sure your area is free of litter
- Exit the room in an orderly manner after the bell rings