Schools today have a responsibility to prepare students for a dynamic and ever shifting future. Digital tools allow our students to have instant access to information and resources; more importantly, digital tools can enhance communication, creation, and collaboration in rich and powerful ways.
Technology Infused learning at Sentinel Secondary School is intended to optimize learning, and to develop student competencies including critical thinking and problem solving. The focus of of this initiative is really the concept of digital access.
Some advantages include, but are not limited to:
- Increasing learning engagement
- Increasing opportunities for collaboration among students and teachers
- Providing students with modern learning Technologies / Future readiness
- Supporting access to learning tools from almost anywhere, anytime
- Demonstrating learning through various means, including multimedia
- Reducing paper use
Technology is helping teachers to expand beyond linear, text-based learning and to engage students who learn best in other ways. Its role in schools has evolved from a contained “computer class” into a versatile learning tool that could change how we demonstrate concepts, assign projects and assess progress. - Don Knezek, CEO of the International Society for Technology in Education