To schedule time in the library, media lab, or using the library Chrome books, please complete this form.
You need to be logged in to your SCCS email.
You will receive a confirmation email when your request is complete.
Please contact me if you haven't heard back within 2 school days.
If you need something today, please call x1510.
To see the schedule in a calendar format, click the Google+ Link
Calendar Color code LIBRARY LAB QUIET ROOM TEXTS
- Common Core - Put together by Jennifer Wildman, Director of Curriculum. On the SCCS Reference Library page. Scroll down about 1/2 way
Using the News with Common Core, Thematic Units and More
- News ELA-
Put together by leading newspapers across the country. Articles on current news issues at a variety of reading levels
- Santa Cruz Sentinel - E Edition for Schools - We can have up to 250 students at a time using the e-edition of current or past issues of the Sentinel.
Username for the Sentinel is: harborhigh; password is: pirates
- Scoop It!-
This site allows you to "scoop" articles on a certain topic/theme and
keep them on your ScoopIt page. Very cool for thematic teaching. Check
- Applets for the Teacher - super site with digital resources for all curriculum areas. Developed and maintained by Jackie Ghio, retired SCHS Teacher Librarian.
Fair Use, Copyright, Where to Find Images to Use Legally, etc
- Creative Commons Search- Creative Commons images, videos, TV, music, and media. Using these items properly leave you protected from copyright violations.
Internet Archive Book Images' Photostream - These images are the first batch of what the Internet Archive is calling "The Commons," a new collection made up photographs from the more than 600 million book pages that the organization has digitally scanned.
- Wikimedia - a database of 9,664,137 freely usable media files to which anyone can contribute.