Voter Registration & Elections
Find out about how to register to vote, enroll in a political party, where to vote, and information about running for a seat on the Town Council or School Committee.
To find out more on Voter Registration, please click the link below - this will take to the Secretary of States webpage.
When can I vote?
Besides Election Day, Scarborough voters can vote early, in-person, prior to an election.
Election Day is Tuesday, November 8, 2016 (voting hours are 7 AM - 8 PM)
Early voting takes place at the Scarborough Town Hall during regular business hours beginning Tuesday, October 11, 2016, in Council Chambers.
Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Except for Wednesdays, we will be open until 6:30 PM [starting on Wednesday, October 12th and ending on Wednesday, November 2nd]
Where can I register to vote?
Voter Registration is available for new voters or for existing Scarborough voters to change their address or name as follows:
- At the High School on Election Day
- At Town Hall during regular business hours, or
- Please click on the link below and print off the voter registration form. Fill it out and return it to the Clerk's Office along with a copy of your photo ID and something with your Scarborough Address if your photo ID does not have it.
I need an absentee ballot, how do I request one?
To request an absentee ballot:
- call the Town Clerk's office at 207-730-4020
- fill out an Absentee Ballot Application Request and mail to the Town Clerk, P.O. Box 360 – Scarborough, ME 04070
- visit the City Clerk's office during regular business hours
- To expedite your application, consider using the online absentee ballot application administered by the Secretary of State.
The deadline to request an absentee ballot for the November 8th Election is Thursday, November 3rd.
Where can I review the election results?
Election results will be posted to our website.
Maine Libertarian Party [Exit Site]
- Register on time
- Read all communications from the municipal clerk
- Keep detailed records of contributions and expenditures
- File reports on time