Public comprehensive, charter, and alternative schools in California use the ACS WASC/California Department of Education (CDE) joint accreditation process. ACS WASC accreditation is an ongoing six-year cycle of quality whereby schools demonstrate the capacity, commitment, and competence to support high-quality student learning and ongoing school improvement.
The ACS WASC/CDE Focus on Learning protocol guides schools into an ongoing improvement process that includes implementation, assessment, and refinement of the schoolwide action plan on an annual basis. Appropriate reports and reviews throughout the six-year cycle of accreditation support this process.
Public comprehensive, charter, and alternative schools will find that the ACS WASC/CDE Focus on Learning process can serve as the basis for the Single Plan for Student Achievement. For more information about WASC, go to: http://www.acswasc.org/
Dos Pueblos High School Stakeholders produced a Self-Study that profiles what we've been doing, what is currently happening on our campus and where we would like to go from here. The WASC Visiting Committee will be here April 17-20, 2016 to help guide us in our practice as we plan for an ever-better future for our students and families.
The WASC review process provides the following for Dos Pueblos High School:
- Certification that DPHS is a trustworthy institution of learning
- Validation of the integrity of our program and student transcripts
- Demonstration that DPHS fosters improvement of the school’s programs and operations to support student learning
- Assures the DPHS community that our purposes are appropriate and being accomplished through a viable educational program
- Provides DPHS with a tool to manage change through regular assessment, planning, implementing, monitoring and reassessment
- Assists DPHS in establishing priority areas for improvement as a result of the perpetual accreditation cycle that include:
- School self-assessment of the current educational program for students
- Insight and perspective from the visiting committee
- Regular school staff assessment of progress through the intervening years between full self-studies.
Dos Pueblos High School submitted our Self-Study Report to WASC on March 7, 2016.
DPHS will host a WASC Visiting Committee from April 17-20, 2016.