Work‎ > ‎

St. Mary's Parish

St. Mary's Parish was founded in 1842 to serve the needs of the German Catholic immigrants. In 1857, Abbot Boniface Wimmer, acceding to the request of Bishop Bayley of Newark, assumed care of the parish and established a priory here. While St. Mary's no longer has parish status, the worshiping community, now primarily West African, still meets regularly.  
Comments