Late Starts, Early Outs, or School Cancellations
In order to ensure accurate and timely communication SB-L will utilize the following services and tools to communicate
late starts, early outs or school cancellations due to inclement weather or other emergency’s that may necessitate changes
in our school day.
- Sergeant Bluff-Luton Community Schools no longer uses SNOWCAP.
- We have signed up with KTIV and will contact them directly if we have an early out, late start or need to cancel school.
- Parents and students can simply watch KTIV News Channel 4 or go on-line to www.ktiv.com for the latest and most up-to-date delays and cancellations.
- KCAU and KMEG also post the information, but they will receive their information through SNOWCAP and the information may be delayed.
- To receive a text message through KTIV you must sign up by doing the following:
- If you registered last year, your information will carry over and you do not need to do anything. If you have changed your cell phone number then you will need to re-register.
- Go to http://www.ktiv.com
- Scroll down to KTIV Toolbox
- Click on New KTIV Text Alerts
- Follow the directions on the screen (make sure you check the box labeled school closings. By doing this a pop down menu will appear. Check Sergeant Bluff-Luton)
- You will receive a text message and you will have to reply to the initial text message to activate your account.
- Please remember that regular text message charges will apply.
- The KTIV system does not send e-mails.
SB-L Web Site
The Sergeant Bluff-Luton Community School District web site is updated rather quickly to provide current information. You can always check our web site at http://www.sblschools.com for current information.