Rules and Behavior Expectations
- Homework goes home in folders Monday thru Thursday and is expected to be returned the next day. No homework on Fridays!
- Children should be practicing spelling words and reading their paper booklets every night.
- Make time for bedtime stories and reading the books you have in your home libraries, too!
- Reading: Read at a first grade level with fluency and expression. Read and answer comprehension questions. Prove answers by going back into the text. Use text features to explain the text.
- Writing: Write narratives with a beginning, middle and end. Write opinion pieces providing support for the opinions. Write nonfiction pieces based on shared research gathering facts.
- Math: Operations and Algebraic Thinking, Numbers and Operations in Base Ten, Measurement and Data, Geometry
- Science: Activities and discussions about animals and their survival, light, sound and communication waves, and plants and their needs.
- Social Studies: Community, Civics
First Grade Unified Arts Schedule
Mon. Tues. Wed. Thur. Fri.
|1C||Library || Technology || Wellness ||Art ||Music |
| 1D || Technology ||Wellness || Art||Music || Library|
|1S|| Wellness || Art || Music||Library || Technology |
**Don't forget to wear sneakers on your "Wellness Day!"
**Don't forget to bring your library book on your "Library Day!"