2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
- Calling all 2018-2019 kindergartners to our Kindergarten Preview on June 7th from 5-6 PM. Parents of incoming kindergartners are invited to an informal informational session. Parents will be provided readiness indicators, a summer activity calendar and a reading book. Pizza will be served as well.
- Rochester’s City Track Meet is on June 11th from 5-7PM at Spaulding High School. Students who placed 1st in an event at our school Field Day will participate. Good luck WAS! Come cheer for your school!
· An Honors Breakfast will be held on June 19th to recognize and celebrate students in grades 4 and 5 who achieved academic honor roll or EE in Habits of Engaged Learners throughout the school year. Invitations will be given to eligible students by June 11th.
· Kindergarten Year End Family Picnic will be on June 19st from 11:30am-12:30pm. Kindergarten students will be celebrating a year of learning, friendships and fun. We are hoping to see all of our kindergarten families join us at this event to celebrate. Details will be sent home.
· Our year end Awards Ceremony will be held on June 21st beginning at 9am. Families are invited to join.
June 11 Mix/Match Day
June 12 Sports Day
June 13 Twin Day
June 14 Crazy Hair Day
June 15 WAS Red &White Day
First, some spectacular news! For the fifth year in a row, all students at William Allen School will be receiving a free yearbook! The distribution will occur within the last couple of days of school to minimize the distraction to instruction and give students a chance for autographs.
With that in mind, we hope you will decide to make an extra effort to support the upcoming coin drive to support the Grade 5 effort to raise money for a “Buddy Bench!” This will be a great addition to our playground and help kids share kindness.
Classroom teachers and specialists have almost completed the placement process for the 2018-19 year. Students in grades K-4 will participate in "Step-up" on the final day of school to see their classroom for the fall. This process worked very well last year and kids left for the summer excited knowing some of their classmates for the fall!
William Allen School has much to celebrate as we look back on our school year! Our behavior referrals were down significantly thanks to the hard work of our staff and students committed to our core values of "Safe, Kind, and Responsible." Our PTA sponsored family activities throughout the year such as Bingo, Rochester Parade Float, Snowflake Social, grade-level field trips, and the upcoming Science Night. Educators planned and implemented Literacy Night, Geography Bee, and Math Night and our entire staff participated in the 21-Day Challenge, sending post cards to every student in school!
As our year draws to an end, the events continue! Read the newsletter and watch those backpacks. Check your pockets for change for our "Buddy Bench" and I will certainly see you near the school door, by the cars, at the City Track Meet, or the Grade 5 Celebration! Thanks for an amazing year!
Principal, Lynn Allen