Data Liberation - When you leave DCS your SAU53 Google account will be deactivated. You will not longer be able to access your files. It is important that you take any files that you might want to access in the future with you.
1. Clean up your space
- Put all of the files that you want to take with you in one folder named OUT
- With CAUTION take everything that you might need. The rest will be deleted.
2. Transfer your files
Copying your files to your personal Google account
- Share the OUT folder with your personal Google account
- In your personal Google account Under SHARED WITH ME open the OUT FOLDER. Check off all of the individual files in small batches
- Right click and choose MAKE A COPY. This will create a duplicate of each file. Then delete the originals. This will take time! and you may need to refresh your screen when you get the message that it is finished.
- Delete all of the files that do not start with COPY
- NOTE you can only COPY files not FOLDERS.
Or Transfer your files with a flash drive
- Right Click the OUT folder.
- Click download.
- When complete, drag the zipped file to your thumb drive.
3. Transfer your portfolio UNDER CONSTRUCTION COME BACK LATER FOR UPDATED DETAILS
Transfer ownership of Your Portfolio to another google account. - You cannot transfer ownership of your Google Sites work to account outside of SAU53.org
- Go to your portfolio make sure that
Downloading Your Portfolio
Note: In order to view your working portfolio, you need both the file and folder! If you download or move your portfolio make sure these two files are together!!!!!!!!!!!
- Go to Google Sites. Open your Portfolio
- Right click on the page.Select the Save As… option
- Create a folder Save the file in an appropriate place
- Make sure the “Save as Type:” option is set “Webpage, Complete”
- Press the Save button
- It is now saved and can be moved to another drive
Uploading your Portfolio to another location - In Order to Upload something to another Drive…
- Go to your Drive.
- Create a folder for your portfolio and open it.
- Click on the upload button to the right of the create button
- Select File to upload the HTML file called Home(DCS xxx Portfolio Your Name)
- Next, you need to upload the folder called Welcome (DCS xxx Portfolio Your Name)_files (This may be easier if you use Chrome Browser.)
- In order to view your working portfolio, you need both the file and folder! If you download or move your portfolio make sure these two files are together!!!!!!!!!!!
- You will need to open the HTML file to access your portfolio