- Join us for the 9th Annual City of Salem Student Art Show! Over 100 pieces of art will be on display from students who attend Salem's our elementary schools. The Show is sponsored by the Friends of the Salem Library and will take place from May 9th to May 20th in the Salem Public Library Meeting Room. For more information, click the link to email Salem art teacher Sarah Meadows.
- Turn in unused or expired medications safely at an area take back site on Saturday, April 30 from 10:00 - 2:00 at area locations including Super Shoes on West Main in Salem. This event is sponsored by local law enforcement and substance abuse agencies. See the flyer here.
- Salem High School teacher Derek Wray is the 2016 Salem City Schools Teacher Of the Year. The board recognized Teachers Of the Year from all schools at our most recent meeting. Click here to read the full release.
- The Carver Project is now available to watch on the The City of Salem YouTube Channel. Take some time to learn about a big part of Salem's rich history. "The Carver Project" documentary is now available to watch in its entirety on YouTube. Click here to see the video.
- Salem School Division Superintendent, Dr. Alan Seibert, is pleased to announce that Chris Wilkes has been recommended to be an assistant principal at G.W. Carver Elementary. Click here to read the full press release.
- Most Likely to Succeed screening reminder at 7:00 PM in the auditorium at Andrew Lewis Middle School on Monday evening, March 7, 2016. Admission is free and the Andrew Lewis Middle School PTA will be making popcorn available for at least the first 100 attendees. The film has a runtime of 86 minutes and will be followed by a brief panel discussion.Please click here to RSVP so we can get an idea of the number of people who will be attending. This is a non-binding RSVP. If your plans change and you can’t attend, or you convince some friends to attend with you, it won’t be a problem.
- As we move closer to the winter season, weather will become a factor in our operations. Visit our Inclement Weather FAQ's for you to review. WDBJ7 is one site that can be used for closings/delays.
- Kindergarten registration information for 2015.
- Our School Year Calendar for 16-17 is available for review before approval by the board. Any questions or comments should be directed Assistant Superintendent Mike Bryant (389-0130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) (no longer for review as it is approved)
- The Salem City School Division is pleased to announce that Regina Meredith has been named the Counselor of the Year by the Virginia Counselors Association. Read the full release here.
- Congratulations to Natalie DiFusco-Funk - our very own State Teacher of the Year!! See details in our Facebook post to the right.
- Our Salem City Library is offering a tour on November 18th at 11:00am and on the 23rd at 8:00pm for Spanish speakers. (La Directora de la Biblioteca de Salem City va a guiar una visita especial para padres y familias que hablan español.) See our flyer here.
- Salem City Schools is now utilizing mySchoolBucks to assist parents in managing their students' lunch account. Click on the link above or here to go to myschoolbucks.
- 2015-2016 Bus Routes
- Salem Educational Foundation establishes Adam Ward Scholarship. Click for details.
- Salem Schools families with at least one student who is eligible for Free or Reduced Lunch may be eligible for the $10/month Internet Essentials connection from Comcast. Families can apply at https://apply.internetessentials.com/
Older News Archive