posted Sep 27, 2010, 3:34 PM by School Admin
After months of research into the Credit CARD Act we are pleased to offer a special Promotional Visa Card for a limited time, with a 2% non-profit rebate. This new promotional card will be available until mid-March 2011, in $25 and $50 denominations.
As you know, the Promotional Visa Card is great for scrip families to use at retailers that don't currently participate in scrip, or for services such as car repairs, visits to the dentist, and more. These cards are good at any location that accepts the Visa Credit Card.
Important Facts You Need To Know About Promotional Visa Cards
Why It's Critical To Know Your Promotional Visa Card Balance
- Subject to applicable law, beginning 6 months after the date your Promotional Visa Card was purchased by Great Lakes Scrip Center, a monthly service fee of $3.00 will be deducted from your remaining balance.
- To ensure authorized use of your Promotional Visa Card, be sure to sign the back before using.
- Always know the balance of your card and when ready to make your purchase, tell the cashier the amount you would like applied to your Promotional Visa Card. Always press the CREDIT button. If you press DEBIT your transaction will be declined. The balance will then need to be paid with a second payment method.
- If you decide to return merchandise purchased with your Promotional Visa Card, you may be asked to present the same card to process that return. Be sure to hold onto your purchase receipts and your card, even after the balance is depleted.
- When using your Promotional Visa Card somewhere that a tip may be appropriate, your transaction may be authorized for an additional 20% above your total bill. Be sure that the balance on your card is sufficient to cover the cost of the bill plus the tip added. If not, the transaction will be declined.
- Gas stations: You will need to present your card to the attendant inside the station.The Promotional Visa Card will not work at the pump.
- For online or phone orders, you will need to register your card at www.prepaidrewardscenter.com. When you make an online or phone purchase, the name, address, and phone number you use will need to be exactly the same as the information you provided when registering your card. If the information is different, the transaction may be declined.
- The Promotional Visa Card is not a credit, charge or debit card.
- If you wish to use your Promotional Visa Card to purchase an item for more than the available funds, many national merchants - but not all - will accept your gift card and automatically offer you the opportunity use another form of payment to pay the balance of the final purchase price. This is called a "split tender" transaction, because you would be splitting the final transaction amount between your card and another form of payment.
- If you're not sure of the merchant's policy regarding a "split tender" transaction, it's critical to know the exact balance of your Promotional Visa Card. You can check the amount of funds available on your card by visiting www.prepaidrewardscenter.com or calling Visa Prepaid Center, toll free, within the United States at 1-866-578-0117, which is the telephone number printed on the back of your Promotional Visa Card.
- Once you know your balance, you MUST ask the merchant if two forms of payment will be accepted for the purchase you wish to make. If the merchant agrees, first request that the merchant place a specific dollar amount on the other form of payment (e.g. the final transaction amount less the balance of funds available on your Promotional Visa Card), and then use your Promotional Visa Card to pay the remaining balance. Some retailers, particularly department stores, will only allow a "split tender" transaction if the second form of payment is cash or check. Internet and most mail order merchants do not permit "split tender" transactions. We do not guarantee that the merchant will accept two forms of payment, such as two Promotional Visa Cards.