Class of 2020
JUNIOR YEAR OFFICERS:
PRESIDENT KATHRYN POWELL
VICE PRESIDENT YANNI BITIS
TREASURER HALLE KNEELAND
SECRETARY RUBY YASSEN
REPRESENTATIVES KATIE ANNICELLI, MAHLIA HEMBY, EVA DOYLE, CARLY GULOTTA
NEWS and INFORMATION
Join the class Facebook Page (Pierson's Class of 2020)
October 4, 2018
Dear Parents and Students of the Class of 2020,
Congratulations on your outstanding teamwork during Homecoming. The Juniors took first place in both the Lip Sync and the Skit. Great job by all involved. I am incredibly proud.
WANTED! Parent and students to join the Pierson PTSA. They have challenged parents and students in grades 6-12 and I know those connected to the Class of 2020 can meet this. The class which has the largest percent of paid membership (parents $10, students $4) between the dates of September 24th and October 15th wins a yummy class party (choice of pizza, bagels or ice cream). The PTSA is critical to so much that goes on in and around our school. Don’t miss this opportunity.
Junior Class Officers:
- President: Kathryn Powell
- Vice President: Yanni Bitis
- Secretary: Ruby Yassen
- Treasurer: Halle Kneeland
- Representatives: Katie Annicelli, Mahlia Hemby, Carly Gulotta, Eva Doyle
Class meetings are opened to all members. We strongly encourage active involvement from all of the students. Once we set our meeting days, notice will be sent out.
REMINDER: Our first fundraiser is fast approaching. Car Wash/Bake Sale, Saturday, October 13th, SHES parking lot, 9am - 1pm. Please sign up using the link below by Wednesday, 10/11/18
- parents and students to sign up for working 2 hours shifts at the car wash and bake sale table.
- 8:30am - 10:30am
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Car Wash: minimum of 8 students per shift, 2 parents
- Bake Sale: minimum of 2 students per shift, 1 parent
- Baked goods. Individually wrapped for sale. Labeled. **identify if GF, contains nuts, etc.
- Two cases of small bottled water for our workers
- 3-4 bottles of car wash soap
- 4 buckets
- A lot of large sponges and/or wash mitts
- A real lot of rags or towels for drying
Please remember that fundraising benefits the entire class and it is expected that each student will do their part in whatever way they are able.
Any questions please contact me.
Thank you, Terri Federico
HOMECOMING 2018 RESULTS
First Place in both the Skit and Lip Sync. Congratulations to all who had a hand in this. I have emailed the Lip Sync video to your school email.
September 7, 2018
This is a homecoming schedule for the upcoming weeks.
Sept.7: (High school gym)6:30-8:30
Sept 10: (Hailey’s house)12-5
Sept.11-14: (Hailey’s house)6-9
Sept.15-16: (Hailey’s house)12-5
Sept.17-20: (Hailey’s house) 6-9
Hailey's address is 1556 Sagg Road, Sag Harbor (there's a big flag pole)
We want everyone to be involved, but please come to be productive!!
Also, if you have any song suggestions please email them to Yanni (from 2000 to 2010).
Everyone come and help!! Your, class officers
September 7, 2018
Dear 2020 students and parents:
Below are a few important updates regarding Homecoming:
- Due to a conflict, our brief class meeting was held on Thursday.
- Skit theme Grey’s Anatomy.
- Open Friday Night Planning for tonight is 6:30 - 8:30 in Mrs. Federico’s room for those who can make it.
- Script writers: See Peter Schaefer and Hailey Ferraris if interested
- Music: See Mahlia if interested
- Lip Sync choreography: See Carly and Halle if interested
- We need costumes, etc. Please see what you have to let us borrow.
- Float construction will take place at the Nill’s residence this year.
- We will let you know when this begins.
- At times, the Powell’s residence may also be used.
- They are down the road from each other. Those involved will be informed where to be.
- Food, snack, water is needed for our planning nights and work days. Volunteers please reach out to Meg Kinney, email@example.com
- PTSA need parents to volunteer for Homecoming. Please see the links they have sent out.
* Note to parents: I am strongly persuading every member of the class to be involved in some aspect of Homecoming and other events throughout the year. They are notified numerous ways. As Juniors, the responsibility to attend falls on them. Please know, that some students just don’t want to take part very actively. That is ok. Our school and community offer plenty of other opportunities for your child. There is also so much that takes place with our class activities which happens quietly behind the scenes. Your child can let me know if that is what they prefer.
September 6, 2018
Dear Students and Parents of the Class of 2020,
Welcome back to a new year! It seems like just yesterday this group of students was beginning 6th grade. Now, they are entering their Junior year. It is an honor to be a part of this important year with them as their advisor, a journey I hope to travel along through graduation.
It is exciting to have Homecoming be a few weeks early. This year PTSA has it scheduled for Friday, September 21st and Saturday, September 22nd. I hope many of you parents and students are able to attend the PTSA homecoming meeting begin held on Thursday, September 6th in the Library from 7:45 pm - 9 pm. It would be great for the Junior class to have some representation. I plan to be there.
The next 3 weeks will be a whirlwind: start-of-school, readjusting schedules and preparing for Homecoming. Therefore, Junior Class Officer elections will be postponed until after Homecoming. During this time I will send out information regarding running for office. In the meantime, Kathryn, Yanni, Halle and Ruby will continue on as our officers. We look forward to everyone’s involvement during the Homecoming preparations. There are roles to suit all of the different areas of talent this class possess. The important thing is to find a comfortable way to be a part of the class, all of you matter and we want you each to have a voice in and be a part of your class.
A brief class meeting will be held during Academic Support on Friday, September 7th in the Auditorium. I expect everyone to attend. A reminder will be on the PM Announcements.
PTSA and the school have worked out to Homecoming Planning dates: Friday, September 7th and 14th from 6:30-8:30 pm.This gives us two solid amounts of time to get work done. The Junior class is scheduled for the HS gymnasium. This is for parents and students.
There are a number of ways for students and parents to stay connected to class news. For those of you on Facebook, please join my PIERSON’S CLASS OF 2020 ADVISOR’S PAGE, this is a closed group. My school website has a class page. There is an Information Board in the doorway of my classroom. Students should check this often. Currently there are sign-up sheets for Homecoming. And, of course, school daily announcements. It is important for students to always pay attention when those are read.
Please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns or ideas. Fundraisers will begin soon, You will all be updated once we have more specific Homecoming information. Thank you, in advance, for the support I know I will get for all of you this year.
Homecoming is coming, September 21st-22nd. Mark your calendars now so you don’t have conflicts. We only get one chance at Junior year homecoming. We had strong finishes the last two years. Let’s show our Pierson Pride. I am hoping for 100% class participation. Nothing will be to little or too much. Just take part in your class and school community in some way. Every one of the students is an important part of 2020. And every experience you take part in helps to prepare you for your future. So grab hold of Homecoming 2018 and let’s all enjoy it together.
I am more than excited to announce that I will be the Class of 2020's advisor for their Junior and Senior year. Can't wait to continue this journey through high school with them.