S3DB Installation Requirements
- Unix/Linux or Windows platform
- PHP 5.0.0 or up. PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language (5.0.0 or up is required).
- Open source database MySQL
(4.1.x) or PostgreSQL (7.x)
- Web-enabled server such that URI generated by S3DB are available over the internet (this is optional, although some features might not be available without it)
Data Service Features
- Possibility to create separate domain of discourse from its instantiation while maintaining a serialization in RDF.
- Any resource can be shared between deployments and within projects
- Data storage in flexible schemas where changes to the schema do not
result in loss of data
- Insert data directly from excel tables
- Import/Export in various formats (tab, xml, rdf)
- Supports storage of files/Hyperlinks
- RESTfull API with result serialization in html, tab, xml, rdf/xml, rdf/n3 or json.
- Build-in user and group permission management, with vertical permission propagation
- Automatic code distribution