I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to Mrs. Thomas' webpage. You will find our classroom expectations, a list of needed school supplies, a description of the homework policy, a description of Being Prepared and a list of homework assignments and upcoming assignments for math class.
Classroom Expectations: 1. Come on time and prepared for class.
2. Keep hands, feet, and other objects to yourself.
3. Respect your peers and adults.
Rewards for Spectacular Behavior: Special Treats and Outstanding Fun Time
2. Loose-leaf paper
3. One pack of subject dividers
4. One marble composition notebook (No spiral notebooks)
5. One folder with prongs
6. Pencils for every day of the year
7. Kleenex and hand sanitizer
Homework Poicy: Homework is given approximately 3 days a week. Students are required to try each problem and defend their answer by showing their work. If students do not complete the assignment on the day it is assigned they are given a detention slip that gives them the option of completing the assignment for the next day or staying for afterschool detention to complete the assignment. Students are responsible for correcting their homework in class then keeping 10 homework assignments in their homework section of their notebook. After the 10th assignment I will collect the corrected homework and students receive a test grade for the homework they have completed and corrected. Practicing math concepts provides students the opportunity to become more proficient in math.
Being Prepared: Each student takes part in a program called Being Prepared. Everyday in math class students can receive a grade of 100 for each of the following:
being in their seat on time
bringing their book and notebook to class
bringing a pencil to class
having their homework completed
completing their journal entry
WOW! That is a lot of 100's they can get. Students could have a total of 25 - 100's a week. If they are not successful at doing one of the items they receive a grade of 0 for that item. It is very important that students are on task at all times.
1st Core Assignments: 2nd Core Assignments:
1. SOLVE Worksheet 1. Pg. 600(2,4,6,23,24)
2. Fraction to Decimal Worksheet 2. SOLVE Worksheet
3. Pg. 65(184.108.40.206) 3. Fraction to Decimal Worksheet
4.Pg.213(28-30)(40-42)(53-54) 4. Pg.65(220.127.116.11)
5. Multiplication Fraction Worksheet 5. Pg.213(28-30)(40-42)(53-54)
6. Division Fraction Worksheet 6. Multiplication Fraction Worksheet
7.Ordering and Graphing Rationals Worksheet 7. Division Fraction Worksheet
8.Pg.30(12-28even) 8. Ordering and Graphing Rationals Worksheet
9.Pg. 30(34-41) 9. Pg. 30(12-28even)
10. Pg.37(16-32even)(36-46even) 10. Pg. 30(34-41)
3rd Core Assignments: 4th Core Assignments:
1 Pgs.9-10 (9-14)(19-24) 1 Pgs. 9-10 (9-14)(19-24)
2.Amusement Park Problem 2.Amusement Park Problem
3. Fraction to Decimal Worksheet 3. Fraction to Decimal Worksheet
4.Pg. 203(17-19)(26-27)(32-36) 4. Pg.203(17-19)(26-27)(32-36)
6. Multiplication Fraction Worksheet 6. Multiplication Fraction Worksheet
7. Division Fraction Worksheet 7. Division Fraction Worksheet
8.Ordering and Graphing Rationals Worksheet 8. Ordering and Graphing Rationals Worksheet
9.Pg. 73 (14-38even) 9. Pg. 73(14-38even)
10.Pg. 73(39-51odd) 10.Pg. 73(39-51odd)
1. Pg.78(16-38even)Pg.83(14-22even) 1.Pg. 78(16-38even)Pg.83(14-22even)
All Classes: 10 Homework Assignments are due this week.