Hello! Welcome to my website! I am so excited to be your counselor at Monroeton Elementary! As a school counselor I work with ALL students, parents, teachers, and the community to support our school and create a supportive place for everyone to succeed and be positive lifelong citizens! I graduated from college in 1999 then earned an Ed.S/M.A. in counseling in 2006. Since 1999 (many years) I have worked with children and families in lots of different settings and became a school counselor in 2004...I STILL LOVE IT!!!
I have a supportive husband and sweet son who give me lots of great ideas and always make me smile! We all believe that family is very important and I feel Monroeton students are a part of my family too! My main goal is to reach EVERY student and help them become their best academically, socially, and personally. I want to promote a positive atmosphere for building relationships, strong values, and positive attitudes between students, teachers, and families!
There will be many activities and services available to support our students to be happy and successful! I am so excited to begin another school year with all of you!
- All students are valuable, worthy, and deserve the same opportunities regardless of race, gender, religion, physical abilities, background, etc.
- All students can learn and achieve their potential with support and guidance.
- All students can become productive and responsible citizens.
- All students should have opportunities to achieve academic, personal, and social success.
- All students deserve to feel safe and cared for in school.
- All students should have the opportunity to learn ways to be successful in a constantly changing world.
- All students' abilities and needs should be considered in planning and implementing a comprehensive school counseling program.
- All students should have access to a full-time, certified school counselor to deliver the counseling program.
- My vision is that all children have equal access to a safe and nurturing environment that enables them to develop their unique skills and inspires them to be successful citizens who continue to grow and learn throughout life.
- Through a compassionate school counseling program my mission is to reach EVERY student and help them become their best academically, socially, and personally. By collaborating with all stakeholders I want to promote a positive and safe atmosphere for building relationships, strong values, and positive attitudes between students, teachers, and families! Every student’s uniqueness is valued and students are inspired to become productive and responsible citizens, life-long learners, and independent thinkers with a strong sense of personal pride that will enhance their lives and lead to future success.
- As your school counselor, I have developed goals to support the School Improvement Plan and to assist students reach their full potential! This year I am focusing on creating a more positive/safe environment to enhance learning while collaborating with parents and stakeholders to promote student success!