- 1:20 : a Hill Climb to remember out Sassafras (MelWay 66F9)
- Bellarine : A Beach and Bay Tour out of Geelong , Portarlington or Queenscliff. (1 Hour drive south of Melb CBD or take the Sorrento Car ferry from the Mornington Peninsula (7days).
- Mornington : From Frankston to Portsea and over to Flinders - Bay Touring at its best Tour the Peninsula, check out the B&B's and hit the hot springs at : http://www.peninsulahotsprings.com/ for a World Class Treat on a Tour of the Vineyards.
- Smiths Gully Tour : for the lovers of Chocolate Muffins, hills and great air (MelWay 264E3) and head out to StAndrews, up up to Kinglake, across to Diamond Creek (ah..Lovegrove Winery at Cottle's Bridge) and back to the city via Hurstbridge and Greensborough for rolling hills, forest, farms and great views.
FUN, Community & Social
- Melbourne's "Courteous" Critical Mass - last friday of the month at 6pm State Library in Swanston Street - cool, colourful and musicly fun.
- Community Riding Group and Support - Chats, gatherings and local activities - http://www.yarrabug.org/
- Aeolian Ride - Worldwide Art on a BiCycle - www.aeolian-ride.info
- Paths & Parks - have a look at the "good stuff" down below !
- Lysterfield - MTB park - Single Track heaven - 2006 Comm games venue - great park and a great day out for everyone; enjoy - http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_display.cfm?park=136
- Rail Trails - Victoria has some of the best rail trails in the country- discover them here - http://www.railtrails.org.au/ - , and here is one of the best - http://www.promcountry.com.au/railtrail/
Using Melbourne as your Base, Ride the Great Ocean Road, Tour Gippsland, The Gold Fields, The High Country, the Mighty Murray Riverlands, the Wimmera and Grampians. A State of Contrasts, and spectacular riding, fabulous history and superbly friendly locals.
- Great Ocean Road - http://www.greatoceanrd.org.au/cycling/index.asp
- Gippsland - http://experience.gippsland.com/CycleTouring/Default.asp
- Gold Fields - http://www.visitvictoria.com/displayObject.cfm/ObjectID.0001B0C0-0C34-1C46-8F8580C476A90000/vvt.vhtml
- High Country - The Alps and High Plains- http://www.visitvictoria.com/displayObject.cfm/ObjectID.0005A0C4-77B5-1C46-AEE180C476A90000/vvt.vhtml
- Riverlands - The Murray - http://www.visitvictoria.com/displayObject.cfm/ObjectID.ABC820AC-42D8-49B5-89A2DCC1E0740C51/vvt.vhtml
- Wimmera and Grampians - http://www.visitvictoria.com/displayObject.cfm/ObjectID.000E4F8A-3D52-1C46-8F8580C476A90000/vvt.vhtml
- Cyclesport Victoria - for links to Cycling Clubs and Coaches and Events: www.vic.cycling.org.au
- Velodrome (indoor) - hire a bike, ride the boards and maybe enter some club races or get some coaching (UCI Club Licence required to ride on DISC): Darebin International Sports Centre : www.vic.cycling.org.au/DISC/DISChome.htm
- Wheels of Justice ( grass roots and extensive resources and advocacy support): www.woj.com.au
- Yarra Bicycle Users Group (YarraBUG) : Advocacy & Awareness, meet and make friends www.yarrabug.org
- YarraBUG Radio Show 3CR Community Radio 855am streaming at www.3cr.org.au Mondays 10am-10.30am
Catching up on the Gos. with heroes, Tough Carrots and Good Guys:
- Cycling Forums and aus.bicycle updates : www.cyclingforums.com
- Cycling News- the daily news and flashes of all things cycling : www.cyclingnews.com
- -Stewart O'Grady : www.www.stuartogrady.com.au
- -Simon Gerrans: http://www.simongerrans.com/pages/index.php
Some "good stuff" here:
- Good health - Walking and Cycling in Melbourne : VicHealth: http://officialsupporter.vichealth.vic.gov.au/Content.aspx?topicID=6
RIDE SAFE , KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND ALWAYS BE :-