Nut Safe Procedures

Peanut/Tree Nut Safe Neshobe

 

To All Parents, Guardians, Students, Faculty, and Staff at Neshobe:

 

Food allergies are on the rise and can cause a severe, systemic, potentially fatal allergic reaction called anaphylaxis in allergic individuals. 

 

Peanut and tree nut allergies account for most fatal and near-fatal anaphylactic reactions.

 

Allergic individuals can experience anaphylaxis if they touch, inhale or ingest even the slightest trace or residue of the allergen.

 

To help make school a fun and safe place for our increasing number of peanut- and tree-nut-allergic students, we’re becoming a peanut- and tree-nut-safe school.

 

In addition to cleaning hands and mouths before entering school, here’s how you can help:

 

Lunches and snacks

• Send lunches and snacks with items that contain no peanuts, tree nuts, peanut butter, or nut butter.

 

Shared Items

• Read labels to ensure shared items, such as snacks and craft materials, contain no peanuts or tree nuts, no traces of peanuts or tree nuts, and are not manufactured in a facility or on equipment that processes peanuts or tree nuts.

• Provide shared items in their original, unopened packages.

 

Birthdays

• Consider sending non-food birthday treats

 

Thank you.

Comments