DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
CENTER FOR GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT >
EDUCATION ABROAD >
SEMESTER AND YEAR LONG PROGRAMS >
THAILAND - ASIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BANGKOK
Thailand - Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok
The Asian Institute of Technology promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region through higher education, research and outreach. Established in Bangkok in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world. Recognized for its multinational, multi- cultural ethos, the Institute operates as a self-contained international community at its campus located 40 km (25 miles) north of Bangkok, Thailand.
Besides the usual labs and academic buildings, the main campus includes housing, sports, and medical facilities, a conference center, and a library with over 230,000 volumes and 830 print and on-line periodicals. All serve to fulfill the AIT mission - to develop highly qualified and committed professionals who play leading roles in the region's sustainable development and its integration into the global economy.
Facts about AIT
Cost of the Program
- 1950 students from 40 countries/territories
- 14769 alumni from 79 countries/territories
- 22738 short-term trainees from 71 countries/territories
- 120 faculty from 22 countries
- 784 research and support staff from 27 countries
- 217 sponsored research projects
- 29 board of trustee members from 21 countries
- Tuition - Students pay Robert Morris tuition. All financial aid typically transfers except for dorm grants.
- Housing - Lower than Robert Morris University housing.
- Other - Airfare, personal spending, books, passport, meals, etc. depends greatly on the spending habits of the students. Cooking instead of eating out are ways a budget-conscious person can save money. Also, airfare is less expensive the earlier it is purchased.
There are on-campus hostels for resident students.
Students are required to have a minimum 2.5 GPA, at least 45 credits, and be in good standing at RMU (Academic Services, Financial Services, Student Affairs).
Interested in Studying Here? Get Started Today!