DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
CENTER FOR GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT >
EDUCATION ABROAD >
SEMESTER AND YEAR LONG PROGRAMS >
SWITZERLAND - FHS ST. GALLEN - UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES
Switzerland - FHS St. Gallen - University of Applied Sciences
About FHS St. Gallen
FHS St. Gallen, University of Applied Sciences is the largest educational institution of Applied Sciences in Eastern Switzerland. Some 2,000 students are currently completing their education in accredited bachelor degree programms and practical oriented post-graduate programms and courses. Unique to these courses of education is their interdisciplinary character. Among its other affiliations, FHS St. Gallen joins universities in Austria and Germany as a member of the IBH, International Lake Constance University. This transnational collaboration in teaching and research is a special feature of the Lake Constance region and a model for international cooperation. FHS St. Gallen is also linked with various universities in Europe and overseas.
Estimated Cost of the Program
The National currency in Switzerland is Swiss Francs (CHF). The monthly living costs for Students in Switzerland are estimated from CHF 1,000 to CHF 1,600.
- Tuition - students pay Robert Morris tuition. All financial aid typically transfers except for dorm grants.
- Health care coverage - Swiss Health Insurance(if necessary): CHF 200.00
- Books and course material: CHF 60.00
- Rent(varies between CHF 400-600): CHF 500.00
- Food: CHF 400.00
- Bus transportation: CHF 50.00
- Free time activities: CHF 150.00
- Most rooms are completely furnished. Usually, each student has his or her own bedroom, kitchen and bathroom have to be shared with other people.
- Apartment sharing is another popular option for students. The international Office provides links to housing providers on its web page: www.fhsg.ch/en/international
Students are required to have a minimum 2.5 GPA, at least 45 credits, and be in good standing at RMU (Academic Services, Financial Services, Student Affairs).
Things to Do, Sites to See...
Erststockbeizli (old town restaurants)
Zurich, the financial center of Switzerland
Interested in Studying Here? Get Started Today!