DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
CENTER FOR GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT >
EDUCATION ABROAD >
SEMESTER AND YEAR LONG PROGRAMS >
IRELAND - UNIVERSITY OF LIMERICK
Ireland - University of Limerick
The school was founded in 1972, in a city founded in the 10th Century. The University of Limerick lies in the heart of the Shannon Region in Ireland's mid-west, offering spectacular landscape, heritage attractions, leisure activities and cultural pursuits. Limerick offers the following areas of study: Business, Education, Humanities*, Engineering, Informatics & Electronics, Science.
* students may only take Humanities courses if they are going for the fall semester
Estimated Cost of the Program**
** Prices were converted from Euros, and are subject to change as the exchange rate changes
- Tuition - students pay Robert Morris tuition. All financial typically transfers except for dorm grants
- Housing on campus - ranges from $2,661.46 - $3,046.80
- Other costs (estimated in the Study Abroad Handbook from Limerick) - Food, Academic Materials, Clothes/Laundry, etc., and Travel within Ireland - $2,836 (appx.)
- Airfare and personal spending -- airfare depends on the timing - the earlier purchased the better, and personal spending varies widely among students. Combined, these two can cost from $1000-$5000 or more, depending on spending habits of students
University of Limerick offers two residential villages specifically designed for Irish and international students. Each two-story terraced house contains 6 or 8 single study-bedrooms, a large kitchen / livingroom, 2 bathroom facilities, telephone, and cable TV. Computer link ups from the bedrooms to the University network can be provided on request.
Students are required to have a minimum 2.9 GPA, at least 45 credits, and be in good standing at RMU (Academic Services, Financial Services, Student Affairs).
Things to Do, Sites to See...
Cliffs of Mohr
Interested in Studying Here? Get Started Today!