DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
CENTER FOR GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT >
EDUCATION ABROAD >
SEMESTER AND YEAR LONG PROGRAMS >
About City University
City University was founded in 1894 as Northampton Institute. In 1966 it took the name City University. The university is located in central London and prides itself on the close contacts it has built with leading professional institutions and with business and industry. It has a well-deserved reputation of innovative professional and business education and research. In addition, City has almost 9,000 students from 122 countries!
What Could I Study?
Health, business and law, mathematics - engineering and informatics, social science, creative and cultural subjects, continuing education and professional development. A max of 12 credits can be taken during a semester.
Estimated Cost of the Program
- Tuition - students pay Robert Morris tuition. All financial aid typically transfers except for dorm grants.
- Housing on campus: £3,496.50 ($7,056.79). Students are accommodated in single study bedrooms with wash hand basins, and there are communal showers, WCs and kitchen facilities on each floor. Cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery are not provided for self-catering residents. Every study bedroom has a telephone and a data point.
- Off Campus Housing: from $187 - $444 per week
- Airfare - less expensive the earlier it is purchased, and could range from $300-$2000.
- Other costs - estimated from returning students, the average "other costs" and spending money range from $2000-$3000 a semester, depending on the amount of travel and spending students choose to engage in.
At City University, many students live in University housing, which consists of a single study bedroom with a phone and access to the University network. Students also have the option of finding their own housing.
Students are required to have a minimum GPA of 3.0, have at least 45 credits, and be in good standing at RMU (Academic Services, Financial Services, and Student Affairs).
Things to Do, Sites to See...
Interested in Studying Here? Get Started Today!