DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
CENTER FOR GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT >
EDUCATION ABROAD >
SEMESTER AND YEAR LONG PROGRAMS >
AUSTRALIA - DEAKIN UNIVERSITY
Australia - Deakin University
Deakin was founded in 1975. There are 6 campuses spread throughout the state of Victoria with an average total enrollment of 60,000 students per year. Students can study any of the following - Art, Business and Law, Education, Behavioral Sciences, and Science and Technology. In 1995, Deakin won the prestigious 'Australian University of the Year' award for its innovative use of technology. In 1997, Deakin was awarded the Coveted University of the Year for the second time, this time for its productive partnerships with business and industry. Deakin is the only university to receive this honor twice.
Estimated Cost of the Program
- Tuition - students pay Robert Morris tuition. All financial aid typically transfers except for dorm grants.
- Health care coverage - $257.49 per person (as of 2008).
- Plane ticket - Cheaper the earlier it is purchased. Approximately $1500-$1800.
- Housing - On Campus: Geelong: $120 per week with $456.41 bond
- Melbourne: $167.93 per week with $645.87 bond
- Other costs - estimated from other students' travels, other costs include food, visa, passport, books, and other expenses, ranging from $2000+.
On campus features - single bedrooms, shared bathroom facilities, shared kitchen-dining area, rooms fully furnished and equipped, carpet and heating, kitchen equipment and utensils supplied, self-catering, laundry facilities provided
Off campus options - Deakin's housing service helps you find private accommodation, which includes home-stay, private and shared rental, and hostel accommodation.
Students are required to have a minimum 2.5 GPA and 45 credits by the beginning of the semester prior to departure. Student must be in good standing at RMU (Academic Services, Financial Services and Student Affairs).
Things to Do, Sites to See...
International Comedy Festival
Melbourne International Festival
Victorian Arts Center
Royal Botanical Gardens
Australian Grand Prix
Queen Victoria Market
Clubs, pubs, beaches, and more!
Interested in Studying Here? Get Started Today!