Welcome to 5th grade 2015-16!
SAVE THE DATES:
QUEST REGISTRATION - July 30th 10 AM - 6 PM at BARLOW PARK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
CONFERENCES - AUGUST 19TH - 11 AM - 8 PM - SIGN UP AT REGISTRATION (Bring your school supplies.
For a 1st Day of School project, Quest students need toilet paper tubes and water bottle caps. Please save these items for us and bring them to the parent teacher conference on August 19th or send on the first day of school.
I am originally from Richfield, Minnesota, a suburb of Minneapolis. This means I love loons, the Minnesota state bird. My family still lives there, and I enjoy visiting them. I have been married since 1994. We have a sixteen year old daughter, Jenna. She is a Junior at Lumen Charter High School where she enjoys choir, cheer & stunt, and band. We live in the country near Princeton. This summer, we enjoyed camping, reading, and swimming.
I graduated Cum Laude from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire where I had experience teaching 1st -5th graders in the Eau Claire Area School District. I earned a Master's of Science Degree in Education-Reading with a 4.0 GPA in 1998 at UW-Oshkosh.
I taught a 4th/5th split during the 1992-93 school year in Princeton. The following year, I taught Reading to students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades at Princeton Middle School. This is my 21st year teaching at Quest/Murray Park. I have also worked with children ages 6-14 in Richfield's summer park program for four summers. In addition to teaching, I enjoy snorkeling, reading, scrapbooking, watching snowmobile races, and music.
- Extracurricular Activities: Student Council Advisor; Student Council Memory Book Committee Advisor; Project Madog Assistant Director; Science Fair Co-Director; BRAVE teacher
- Master of Science-Reading; UW-Oshkosh
- Bachelor of Science-Elementary Education, Minor-Language Arts; UW-Eau Claire
- 5th Grade Quest Teacher in Ripon 2010-present
- 4th Grade Teacher in Ripon 1994-2010
- Teacher since 1992
- Wisconsin Elementary & Middle Level Science Teachers WEST Grant, 2004
- Promising Practice Award for Project Madog - Wisconsin PK-16 Leadership Council, 2003
- Jean I. Caudle Graduate Reading Award, UW-Oshkosh, 1999
- Wisconsin Elementary & Middle Level Science Teachers - Distinguished Teacher of the Year, 1998
- UWEC Student Leadership Award, 1992
- Girl Scout Gold Leadership Award, 1987; Girl Scout Leader-present
Those of you who have been in our classroom have seen our Responsive Classroom morning meetings. Click here to learn more about Responsive Classrooms.
out these awesome Quest greenhouse pictures taken by one of the Master
Gardeners who has been so helpful here at Quest, Lyn Heriot!