Richland Northeast High School
SUMMER READING PROGRAM 2013
"EACH ONE, READS ONE"
The RNHS English Department believes that strong readers make strong students. We encourage recreational reading over the summer, because it does the following:
- Improves fluency
- Improves vocabulary
- Improves background knowledge
- Prepares students for standardized tests, such as EOC, HSAP, ACT, and SAT
- Prepares students for life!
- For CP classes, the assessment will be equivalent to a quiz grade. Each students will select a book from the school’s general reading list. The assessment for this reading is contingent upon the teacher.
- For Honors classes and above, the assessment will be equivalent to a test grade. Please note: AP/Honors/Magnet students should follow the summer assignment directives given to them by their teachers. We have included them in the grade-level links below for your convenience.
For grade-level reading assignments, click the links below.