2014 Virtual High SchoolSummer School Program
Richland Two is offering a 6-week virtual summer term.
Monday - Thursday, June 16 - July 31, 2014.
The Summer 2014 Course List is below.
REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER SCHOOL WILL CLOSE ON JUNE 12, 2014.
NO NEW REGISTRATIONS CAN BE MADE AFTER THAT DATE.
SUMMER SCHOOL OVERVIEW AND ELIGIBILITY
Richland School District Two will hold High School Summer School for eligible students who will complete courses virtually. To be eligible for Richland School District Two's Summer School Program participants must be currently enrolled in a Richland School District Two high school. Students may earn up to two (2) credits. Core curriculum courses are not offered for initial credit through Richland School District Two's Summer School Program. Seniors who will graduate during Summer 2014 may not participate in the Virtual High School Summer School Program, but should enroll in the Adult Education Summer School Program.
- Dates: Monday - Thursday, June 16 - July 31, 2014
- Location: The computer lab at Spring Valley HS will be open for test-taking, trouble-shooting, and Internet access.
- Students can also bring their own electronic computing devices to access their summer school coursework.
- Transportation is NOT provided.
- Morning: 8:30 - 11:30 AM
- Afternoon: 1:00 - 4:00 PM
SUMMER SCHOOL TUITION
- $400.00/1 credit course and $200.00/half-credit course
- Additional $100.00 fee for non-Richland Two students
- Tuition may be paid by cash or money order only. Make money orders payable to Richland School District Two.
- Summer School fees are non-refundable after Monday, June 16, 2014.
- Contact your home school counselor for 2014 Virtual High School Summer School Program Registration packet or download a packet from the district website.
- Complete packet with your counselor and bring it with you to a registration site. Your school counselor must sign your registration documents. You must have your tuition and completed application at registration.
- Registration Dates and Locations
- Tuesday, May 20, 2014
- 8:30 - 9:30 AM at Blythewood High School
- 10:00 - 11:00 AM at Westwood High School
- Wednesday, May 21, 2014
- 8:30 - 9:30 AM at Ridge View High School
- 10:00 - 11:00 AM at Spring Valley High School
- Thursday, May 22, 2014
- 8:30 - 9:30 AM at Richland Northeast High School
- Monday - Thursday, May 26 - June 18, 2014
- 9:00 - 11:00 AM at Richland School District Two District Office
- The registration deadline is Thursday, June 12, 2014. The last day to drop a course and receive a refund is Monday, June 16, 2014.
- Daily attendance is required until course(s) is/are completed. Students taking one course must attend either the morning or afternoon session daily. Students taking two courses may attend only one session as long as adequate progress continues.
- Students are allowed three (3) excused absences.
- Repeated absences and/or tardiness will lead to disciplinary action.
- Once coursework is completed, students will no longer attend Richland School District Two's Summer School Program.
- Students are expected to adhere to Richland School District Two's Summer School Discipline Policy.
- Violations of the discipline policy will result in removal from the program.
- Seniors graduating during Summer 2014 must register and complete their summer work at the Rogers Adult and Continuing Education Center.
- Graduating Seniors must read and complete the Graduating Seniors Summer School packet.
- Summer School Graduation: Thursday, August 7, 2014 at 6:30 PM in Spring Valley Auditorium
- Graduation Practice: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 4:00 PM in Spring Valley Auditorium
- Students wishing to participate in the graduation ceremony will need to contact Mrs. Melissa Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, July 3, 2014.
- Students planning to participate in Summer School Graduation must have all course work, including final exams completed by Thursday, July 31, 2014.
OTHER IMPORTANT REMINDERS
- Classes may be accessed 24/7 via a computer with an Internet connection.
- Students are required to attend at least the morning or afternoon summer school session in the Multipurpose Room at Spring Valley High School.
- All courses have weekly deadlines. Students and parents will be contacted if deadlines are missed, inadequate progress in course occurs, or there is an excessive number of absences.
- Contact during summer school will occur by email or phone. Students must check their email daily and are encouraged to email their teachers when they have questions.
- All work, including final exams, must be completed by 4:00 PM July 31.
- Failure to finish a course may result in a grade of F that will adversely impact the student's GPA.
- All classes will be taught by highly qualified Richland School District Two teachers and is operated by Richland School District Two staff and administrators.
- The lab at Spring Valley will be staffed by a district computer facilitator and Math & English tutors.
Mrs. Melissa L Myers, Summer School Principal: email@example.com/803-699-2999, ext. 233
Summer School 2014 Course Offerings
Courses are a full (1) credit unless otherwise noted.
Algebra I Part I
Algebra I Part II*
Probability and Statistics
Social Studies Courses
American Government (0.5)
World Language Courses
Art Appreciation (0.5)
Music Appreciation (0.5)
Study Skills (0.5)
Introduction to Technology (0.5)