Part-Time AmeriCorps Positions:
~Complete 300, 450, or 900 hours of service by Nov 30, 2015
~Living Allowance provided during service
~Receive Segal Education Award
~College loan forbearance available
Living Allowance and Education Award Amounts
- Disseminate information to residents about lead poisoning prevention, immunizations, communicable diseases, food, environmental and home safety.
- Maintain current records of supplies and materials for the Health Neighborhoods Program
- Recruit community members to sign up for home inspections (door-to-door recruiting, attending community events, assist in development of press releases, e-mail marketing
- Conduct general public surveys
- Phone contact with pregnant women to assess needs and make referrals as needed
- Provide information and options for health-related screenings
- Contact new birth moms to offer/provide health information and information about community supports
- Contact/work on resources and information with Early Intervention and Preschool parents
Farm-Outreach Health Access Specialist with Mothers & Babies Perinatal Network (MBPN) (Binghamton, NY):
The Farm Outreach Health Access Specialist will join the team of current AmeriCorps Health Access Specialists, with focus on farm outreach within a five county region:
- The Health Access Specialist will work to develop marketing, outreach and public education campaigns to promote, educate, and facilitate enrollment through the New York State of Health marketplace.
- Work in all geographic settings throughout a 5 county region of central New York State (Broome, Chemung, Delaware, Tioga and Otsego).
- Play an integral role in building individual and community capacity by increasing health insurance/access knowledge through a range of activities such as outreach, community and school-based education and informal counseling.
- Help link people to needed health care information and services and will serve as a bridge between the community and healthcare, government and social services. Successful candidates will be assigned to various position functions based on personal expertise or interest areas and/or geographic locations as possible.
- Travel required with mileage reimbursement.