Welcome to Mrs. Thiel's Chemistry webpage!
Please visit the Google Classroom page for your class!
Please use this website to help you keep track of assignments and class information.
Chemistry is the study of matter and the changes that it undergoes. Because living and nonliving things are made of matter, Chemistry affects all aspects of life and most natural events. You may not realize it but you are immersed in Chemistry each day and already know more about it than you are aware of!
This year we will investigate the following topics
- Scientific Method
- Matter and Physical/Chemical changes
- Metric System, Significant Figures, and dimensional analysis
- Atomic Theory and Nuclear Chemistry
- Elements and Formulas
- Chemical Reactions and Oxidation-Reduction
- The Mole and Stoichiometry
- States of Matter and Gas Laws
- Electron Configuration, the Periodic Table and Periodicity
- Chemical Bonding
- Kinetics, Thermodynamics and Chemical Equilibria
- Acids, Bases, and pH