Wee Seal

Design - Ian Oughtred ‘Wee Seal’. I think he designed two or three versions, this is the earlier design, full cabin version. The plan allows for a lapstrake or multi chine build - mine is multichine as you will see in photos. 
Construction - basic hull and deck is ply on a Tas oak keel and frames. This was a fairly rough job, done by a brick layer friend of mine. When I got it, I took off all coamings, rubbing strips etc to check for possible rot. Whole deck/hull join was cleaned and filled with fibreglass epoxy. I sanded all ply above the waterline back to wood and sheathed in glass epoxy. Most external Oak was replaced with celery top. The keel is galvanised steel swung between two galvanised steel keel logs. All bolted together with stainless bolts and sikaflex. When I had some water inside there was a small leak around two keel bolts on starboard side nearest the bow. Need to remove and reseal bolts or check sealant on outside of keel. Has all been painted - waterline is marked as per plan and deck paint is needed in the cockpit. 
Rigging - mast and spars (boom and gaff) are storks-bill laminated. Mast is poplar and spars are oregon. I made a boom gooseneck, then decided on a timber U fitting. Have changed my mind again and planned to remove the U shaped fitting on the boom and go back to the fabricated aluminium and stainless one. There is cast bronze masthead fitting and stay points on deck/hull are all stainless. The next owner will need to organise the standing rigging. 
Running rigging - there is a collection of pulleys (some fabricated some commercial) and deck fittings - all yet to be fitted.
Power - there is a second hand headsail in good condition, but no main and no outboard. Note that the plan has an optional outboard well. It was not included in the build and an outboard bracket will be needed. 
Interior - set up with two berths and a small galley. Some work needed to fit the galley - is shown in photos but top needs to be fastened and catches needed on drawers. Retaining boards are needed on bunks and there are no cushions. Fresh paint (2017) throughout interior.
Trailer - this was bought secondhand as a 'mainline’ brand designed for an 18-20 ft  power boat. I redesigned and rebuilt it to suit the yacht during final construction - my welding is a bit average so it is not intended for regular road use but is still registered. Needs lights to be roadworthy, but is probably overweight with current load and regulations.
Other - comes with manual bilge pump and a collection of SS bolts etc.
I think that is about all. Just to confirm I am prepared to give away to anyone keen to finish it. It is a pain to uncover and recover so I’d prefer to only uncover it if someone is genuinely interested.