Hello Rutland Town Parents/Guardians, and Students!
As the K-5 physical education teacher here at Rutland Town it is my goal to create an exciting learning experience for all students through physical education. Over the course of the school year we will play, practice, and improve upon many skills that extend beyond sport and skill-specific practice. As the school year progresses we will continue on our path towards skill refinement, appropriate social skills, and cognitive understanding all while having fun and exercising!
Welcome back RTS K-5 students! I hope you all had an enjoyable and active summer!
Throughout the school year this year there are a few important things that you need to bring to P.E. class.
- Sneakers!!! Proper footwear is absolutely necessary for Physical Education. They help to keep students safe, they do not mark or damage the floor, and also allow you to exercise comfortably.
- I have some donated sneakers from families whose children grew out of them. If the shoes are in decent condition and you would like to donate them for P.E. class; that would be appreciated. Please contact me if this is the case.
- Students who are unprepared for class will have that reflected on their report cards.
- Clothing- Students in grades K-5 do not have to change clothes for P.E. However we do many movement based activities so try to wear clothing that is not too tight or loose. Also dresses, skirts, and jewelry are not encouraged for students to wear on P.E. days either.
- If you have a question regarding which days Physical Education class is, please contact me.
The links to the left are useful websites that are appropriate for children of all ages and contain valuable and practical information in regards to health and wellness. Feel free to access and explore them as you wish.
I can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and will respond as soon as possible. Thank you!