Welcome to CSU Pre-Physical Therapy Club!
What is a Physical Therapist?
- “Physical therapists (PT's) are health care professionals who diagnose and treat individuals of all ages, from newborns to the very oldest, who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives.
- PTs examine each individual and develop a plan using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. In addition, PTs work with individuals to prevent the loss of mobility before it occurs by developing fitness- and wellness-oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles.
- "Physical therapists provide care for people in a variety of settings, including hospitals, private practices, outpatient clinics, home health agencies, schools, sports and fitness facilities, work settings, and nursing homes.” ~ APTA website
Purpose of the Pre-Physical Therapy Club
- To provide awareness of current physical therapy professions and graduate schools by having professionals in the field and representatives from schools come talk to our club.
- To support pre-physical therapy students with open office hours by answering any questions needed about Physical Therapy.
- To provide shadowing opportunities for experience in the field that graduate schools require.
- To service others by volunteering as a group in the community and to gain the hours that graduate schools will be looking for
Rehabilitation Therapy (RT) Club meeting will typically be held on the second Wednesday of each month and PT interest will meet the fourth Wednesday of every month starting at 6:00 pm
Date and Meeting Type
Speaker: Name, Email, Phone, School/Organization
January 25th (RT) Panel
RT panel presenting on case study includes PT, OT, MT and speech language pathologist.
PT: Evan Haezebrouck, DPT
OT: Michelle Graf, Craig Hospital
SLP: Allison Heintzelman, SLP, Craig Hospital
February 8th (PT/OT)
PT: CU Denver, Lauren Wahlquist
February 22nd (RT)
Adams Camp rep, Anne Fiala
Music Therapy Student Association
March 8th (PT/OT)
PT: 1) Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions, Mark Dimond
2) Special Olympics, Jeff Franklyn
March 22nd (RT)
SLiCE Adaptive Swimming
March 29th (RT)
Writing Personal Statements
End of the Year Banquet
May 3rd (RT)
Navigating PTCAS & OTCAS
1. Ram Ride: February 17th
For more information about upcoming events please contact our president:
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram! @CSU_PrePTClub