Welcome to CSU Pre-Physical Therapy Club!
What is a Physical Therapist?
- “Physical therapists (PT's) are health care professionals who diagnose and treat individuals of all ages, from newborns to the very oldest, who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives.
- PTs examine each individual and develop a plan using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. In addition, PTs work with individuals to prevent the loss of mobility before it occurs by developing fitness- and wellness-oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles.
- "Physical therapists provide care for people in a variety of settings, including hospitals, private practices, outpatient clinics, home health agencies, schools, sports and fitness facilities, work settings, and nursing homes.” ~ APTA website
Purpose of the Pre-Physical Therapy Club
- To provide awareness of current physical therapy professions and graduate schools by having professionals in the field and representatives from schools come talk to our club.
- To support pre-physical therapy students with open office hours by answering any questions needed about Physical Therapy.
- To provide shadowing opportunities for experience in the field that graduate schools require.
- To service others by volunteering as a group in the community and to gain the hours that graduate schools will be looking for
Rehabilitation Therapy (RT) Club meeting will typically be held on the second Wednesday of each month and PT interest will meet the fourth Wednesday of every month starting at 6:00 pm
September 14th: RT Club 6:00 pm in BSB 131
Mackenzie Stick - Creighton University PT, OT, Pharmacy
We will be hearing from Mackenzie the admissions representative from Creighton University in Omaha Nebraska. She will be providing insight on the PT, OT, and Pharmacy program and their admissions process. Come ready to listen, learn, and ask questions!
September 21st: RT Club 6:00 pm in BSB 131
Join us to listen to Ruth Rice, a Physical Therapist that harnesses the power of music to help people with Parkinsons and other neurological disorders get back in the groove of life. Come ready to listen, learn, and ask questions!
October 12th: RT Club 6:00 pm BSB 131
Brent Applegate, DPT founder of My Heros Therapy
Come learn about Brent's unique work with using horses as a tool improve the quality of life of persons with special needs. Come ready to listen, learn, and ask questions!
Pacific University - PT, OT
An admissions representative will come talk about their awesome student-centered program in beautiful Oregon. Come ready to listen, learn, and ask questions!
October 26th: PT and OT meet separate at 6:00 pm
PT: Zachary Lundquist, Regis University Admissions Counselor
We will hear from Zachary, an admissions counselor from Regis University in colorful colorado. He will explain how Regis leads students into a rewarding carrer as a Physical Therapy. Regis uses the most current clinical techniques available, in an environment that helps students use their gifts and talents to contribute to a more just world.
OT: Julie Silver Seidle - Elderhaus Day Program
Julie is a CSU graduate from the Occupational Therapy Program. She works with Elderhaus Day Program that serves seniors or adults over 18 years old with disabilities in an environment that fosters an enhanced sense of self and community belonging.
We will be hearing from Lori Bordenave the admissions representative from A.T Still Univeristy in Arizona, the cactus state. A.T Still PT program is designed with emphasis on both a strong academic foundation and clinical practice.
For more information about upcoming events please contact our social coordinator:
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram! @CSU_PrePTClub