Famous Optical Illusions
Showing posts 1 - 5 of 154. View more »
College Recommendation Letters:
Are you thinking of asking Ms. Koch to write you a letter of recommendation for college? If so, please write a letter to her, including all of the following:
1. Names of the school or schools to which you plan to send this letter.
2. Names of other teachers who are writing you letters of recomendation (for any school).
3. Name of your college counselor.
4. Due date for the letter. This should be the earliest due date of the schools to which you are applying. If the school has rolling admissions, tell me that AND the date by which you expect to finish your portion of the application.
5. Instructions for how to submit your letter (online, by mail (included addressed envelopes), give to college counselor).
6. Copies of any forms that need to accompany the letter.
7. A copy of your personal resume including:
Courses taken, grades in each class, weighted and unweighted GPA, AP scores, and list of extracurriculars (clubs, sports, hobbies, employment, competitions) with information to help me understand your role in each (ie, awards, time commitment, accomplishments, projects, leadership roles, etc).
8. Answer to the following:
What do you hope to achieve with this letter of recommendation? Specifically, what character traits or abilities do you feel I am best able to address about you and why?
It takes a good deal of time to write each letter, so please don't wait until the last minute to ask, especially for popular due dates (ie, UNC).