Enviroschools aims to :
- Empower Students through their schooling and beyond to make decisions and take action on issues relevant to them, their communities and planet in the 21st century.
- Integrate all aspects of sustainability - social, cultural, economic & environmental.
- Weave Maori perspectives throughout, as a foundational base for development in this country.
- Enable long term sustained involvement of participants over many years.
- Be a scalable model that enables localised learning and solutions to be applied nationwide
Children are fully involved in planning and making decisions about actions. We are tracking our progress and can show that more change has happened. Our work has involved lots of people in our centre as well as parents, whanau and other community members.