More than 800ml of this chemical has the potential to kill a person of 110 pounds.
Important points for handling-
Handle this product in an area of good ventilation to avoid exposture (breathing vapors,swallowing, and eye and skin contact).
Use personal protective equipment.
Fire or Flammability issues-
Will burn and give noxious fume such as silica and carbon oxides.
DO NOT EXTINGUISH WITH WATER. USE FOAM!
Skin, Respiratory, and Eye Irritant
In case of swallowing- wash out thoroughly with water, seek medical attention
In case of inhalation- remove to fresh air, symptomatic treatment
In case of contact with eyes- rinse immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes,seek medical attention
In case of contact with skin- wash with plenty of water, if irritation develops, seek medical attention. remove contaminated clothing
Health 1 - Slightly toxic material.
Flammability 2- Combustible
Radioactivity 0- Normally stable material which is not reactive with water
Is this Chemical Safe?
This chemical is relatively safe to use within the product it's in. As stated above, the chemical can cause eye and skin
irritation, which is concerning sense the chemical is used in a skin product that can be applied near the eyes.
Cyclopentasiloxane is combustible, meaning that it can ignite at moderately high temperatures.
Why is this Chemical used?
It is used for its ability to lubricate, waterproof, and bring shine to things. It allows the make up to appear more life like,
and less dry. Cyclopentasiloxane is a silicone, in which, when applied, holds in the skin's moisture and keeps the skin from'