Resources at a Glance:This resource center is provided to assist PWSSD teachers as they plan, administer, create reports, and plan instruction throughout the school year.
Rather than provide workshops that are one-shot deals, I am gathering videos, templates, and printed instructions in one location, that teachers may return to this page whenever they need to refresh their memories. If you don't see what you are looking for, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
and I will put together the resources you need and post them back here for others as well.
STAR Assessment Objectives The objective of administering STAR assessments is to obtain information about the learning needs of every student. The assessments are intended to be:
- formative - measuring progress AS the student learns;
- summative - informing us what learning growth was achieved over the course of one or more years of instruction;
- valid - based on research and administered with academic integrity
- timely - returning results within days, or even hours
- inform all stakeholders (teachers, school leaders, students and parents);
- encourage effective instructional practices by providing feedback aligned to Common Core Academic Standards